Friday, February 13, 2009

What's your motivation?

I'm wondering what our motivation should be.......
What is your motivation?
My dear sweet husband is my motivation to clean, like I've mentioned before....or maybe someone coming over.....but should pleasing others be our motivation?
What should my kids' motivation be for cleaning their toy room?
Because I said so? *haha*
To make mom or daddy happy?
New toys (or old ones newly re-found)?
Room to play?
To please God?
Hmmmm.....just wondering what our motivation SHOULD be.....our motivation to clean, our motivation to make a nicely presented dinner, our motivation to have a nicely upkept vehicle, our motivation to look nice........and just because we know we SHOULD doesn't necessarily always MOTIVATE us...........
Our looks--that's the 2nd topic I want to explore--I let my personal hygiene and care go to the wayside after baby #1 was born--no time for that! I was taking care of someone else 24/7!! Who can shower, fix hair, apply makeup, etc., when you'd rather just roll over to feed the baby and go back to sleep!! I thought--well, God made me and I'll just go a~natur~al.......WELL--true that God made me how I am and make-up is not necessary, but taking CARE of myself is, so here I am after baby #4 and still finding that good balance of looking nice for my husband, feeling good about how I look, but not placing any extra emphasis (or time) on looks......
Besides--what is my motivation?!?

First, I think we should strive to please God in all things. Unfortunately, this isn't always great morivation. I guess the whole intangible thing does little to motivate, especially most little ones. Especially little ones who want to know WHY God says this or that or cares if our house is clean. {Warning--you cannot use the cleanliness is next to godliness line--first of all, that is SO false, and there is no second of all}
Second, as a wife, I should also strive to please my husband. Mine cannot thrive in complete chaos (I learned CHAOS stands for Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome from Flylady.net). He also likes it when I feel good about myself and occassionally likes make-up and fixed hair (i.e. not in ponytail). Thankfully, my dh loves me and wants what is best for me and our children also, so pleasing him will trickle down to providing a good example and environment for me and our kids.

What's your motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment