Saturday, February 21, 2009

voting

well, the people have spoken--kinda--2 people who have graciously viewed my blog have voted in my inky dinky poll (see the side panel)......
And, although I've been mostly blogging about the latest deals and keeping track of my shopping and deals here, I hear the outcry for more homeschooling and lapbooking......haha.....hardly an outcry, but whatever, right? Blogging's like a journal, right? A very public peek into someone's private life--their passions. Well, not exactly THAT public when you are itty bitty like me, but who knows!

So, I hear ya already--and I'll see what I can do.........

Us homeschoolers hesitate to blog about the bad times--we get enough of a bad rap from the "public". But you ever had a week where you don't touch the lesson plans? Or maybe a month? Ughh...Okay, it hasn't been a month, but it's really been hit and miss for a couple weeks now. There's a lot of life going on--My 8yo has chosen to take this "sick week" to read just about the years worth of read-alouds and any other book she can get her hands on. When I get around to writing those all down, I'm not sure I can fit 12 "hours" {i.e. lessons or chapters} into one day or not, but we'll see how the breakdown goes......what's amazing? The 6yo boy has listened and enjoyed most of these books as well!! Maybe dad's declaration that NO fun is to be had until the toy room is clean has contributed to their bookworm attack.........haha

Just FYI--the "No fun" declaration really just took away any outside of school activities, playdates, GameBoy, MP3players, and movies......we don't have a TV in the house, so that is a LOT for these kids--yet not enough to motivate them to clean on their own though......hmmmm....on to plan C, dad?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment