Friday, July 24, 2009

when the cat's away

I guess the saying is "when the cat's away, the mice will play".
Do your kids do this? Leave the room and the schoolwork is forgotten? Rules are forgotten? Knowing mom isn't there, you decide you CAN and SHOULD go ahead and poke sister with the pencil?!? Or just sit and doodle?!?
Just wondering--mine tend to, which makes it fairly difficult to accomplish anything anywhere BUT the school room when they are doing school.
We're working on that though---if I have one follow me around while reading to me or me quizzing them, the other tends to still continue working somewhat while left behind.

Now--what about when dh is away? We don't exactly play, but we sure are more lazy!! No reason to have it ALL cleaned by 5pm every day. No reason to have more than a baked potato for dinner. No reason to......well, you get my drift. Then comes the countdown--Daddy's coming home today!! Let's clean!!! Better catch up on the shopping (he'll need bread for sandwich lunches next week!)!!

My dh doesn't travel much anymore, but he was gone on a Missions Trip with our church this week--not far, just down to OK where the headquarters of Voice of the Martyrs is. He'll be tired when he gets home on Saturday and there is always an adjustment period for everyone, but OOOH how excited the kids and I will be to see him!!!! I told him he better not look at my belly first thing and just go WOW--although it will be nice to see if he really does notice a difference. Living with the growing day-to-day, it's not so noticeable sometimes.

Just me................filling in the void of a lonely Friday night by blogging...........

No comments:

Post a Comment