Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Went to the OB today--at 27 weeks gestation, I'm measuring 33 weeks--WOW!!! Blood pressure is fine, heartbeats were fine (not up for recalling the numbers). I've gained 2lbs a week this month, making my total gain at 20lbs so far (25 if you count my real pre-preggo weight and not my first appt. weight at 13 weeks).
BE FORWARNED--THIS MAY BE TMI, but I'm gonna just be upfront and frank about stuff [not like I'm up for blushing when mentioning the vejayjay anymore]
{BTW--how in the world do you spell that for real? If you have no clue what I'm talking about, just skip it--that's okay!!}
Since I'd started having the fake Braxton Hicks contractions already (bad momma, not drinking her gallon-a-day of water!!), my nice OB did a cervix check. Great news--still high and thick, just how we want it at this point. But we do have #3 ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday and my next OB appt. in 2 weeks (another WOW!!).
Other great news (?!?) is we got the gestational diabetes screening out of the way today also. Since there was a wait for the busy doc, they sent me to the lab for the nasty cup full of Triaminic-like orange goo. I think I'll go with the lemon-lime if I have to do that again. And, you know what? IF I know they are doing a test like that, I'm gonna opt for the nectarine instead of the Zebra Cake with my lunch--but, alas, I did NOT know we would do it today. I thought I had to fast and do it first thing in the morning with my previous pregnancies. Either I've lost all memory or I was just plain wrong. I HOPE I do not have to do it again for this pregnancy--but if I do, I'm definitely going for the fresh fruit instead of the cake of sugar calories that day. I had my fill of sweetness after that orange drink, that's for sure!!!
And, one more pat on my back--I didn't cry when they drew blood! YAY for me!! LOL I told the nice lady who was very good and quick that I used to be a big baby about this stuff, but at least I didn't cry anymore! She kinda laughed. When I told her after 4 babies and getting poked just about everywhere, I was getting used to it, she stared at me with the shock of "you have 4 other kids?!?" Ummm, yeah, that wasn't my point, but YAY me for not crying when she stuck me with a needle that will leave a bruise for a few days......just me.............

No comments:

Post a Comment