Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Spirit at work

as in the HOLY Spirit.......
I didn't share the awesome results of our Vacation Bible School and now it seems pretty necessary...
For a church that avgs <100 in Sunday School, having 145 kids and 77 helpers on our biggest night was just huge!! There were 6 that responded to the lessons/msgs, heard the Spirit's call and were saved during the week. THEN, Sunday morning the sanctuary was packed for the program and 2 more little girls went fwd......
Last night, our little 6yo J came to me, a bit teary-eyed and said "I asked God into my heart so I could be a Christian". I didn't want to be too overjoyed because he's "asked Jesus to come into his heart" before with no real understanding of sin, forgiveness, etc., it was just cause that was the right thing.......WELL......he completely gets it now. Turns out, he had read thru the little send-home pamphlet from VBS about "How to Become a Child of God"--he understood it all and knew that he needed to take that step......PRAISE GOD!!!
It looks like he will go fwd and share this with the church Sunday morning and there will be a baptismal service sometime soon......

No comments:

Post a Comment