Thursday, April 30, 2009

Which stroller?!?

Well, as you can see from my growing wish list on the right, I've found many things we are going to need/want with these babies coming in the early fall. I didn't list the big one--a vehicle--because I know that is completely out of my control and being stuck at home or having to go in separate vehicles for a little while is not the end of the world, it will just make life a little more difficult. It is also a HUGE purchase that most people go into debt for and we're torn about adding more debt to our lives when we are trying to rid ourselves of those chains.

ANYWAY--let's start with the babies' future ride.........My first choice: Joovy.......

This is my first choice, listed in my wish list, but at a hefty $400, this triple seater is really just a dream to compare all others too :) You can let a toddler stand on the back (and possibly sit) and it fits several different infant carriers also (an added cost since these are not cheap either)....
• Graco® Snug Ride™ Series
• Peg Perego® Primo Viaggio
• Evenflo® Embrace™
• Compass® Light & Portable Infant Car Seat
• Britax® Companion™
• Safety 1st® Designer 22™
• Eddie Bauer® Infant Car Seat (models 22-625 and 22-626)
• Baby Trend® Latch-Loc & Flex-Loc
• Chicco® Key Fit Car Seat
• Graco® Safe Seat
• Peg Perego® Primo Viaggio SIP
• Combi® Centre Series
• Combi® Connection
• Maxi-Cosi® Mico™
Now, I can find this stroller on other websites for less, but $400 is the retail listed on the Joovy site. It does say that the universal carseat attachments are included. I do not know how easy it is to put the carseats on--it appears that they do not "click" in, but are strapped in, so any seat should work.
Another plus? BOTH seats have removable trays with 2 cupholders--not just the front one! AND the 3rd seat has a 3point harness and it appears, depending on weight limit, that I may be able to let one stand and one sit in that 3rd seat section--if they won't push one another off :)
Now--this is it for the major features--no added frufru like a steering wheel or all terrain tires (those are much higher priced brands), not even adjustable seats where they can face each other or a cupholder for mom--but there is a full basket underneath for all the gear. Another thing to consider is being able to fit it into a vehicle--looks like it will not go into a minivan or car, but most SUVs and bigger vans will hold it. It's quite large, although not much bigger than other tandem strollers at 14 x 21.5 x 63 folded. Additional specs here.
WHERE TO BUY? Besides online businesses, Babies R Us is listed, but they only sell it online and as low as $289 (YAY!).

And here is my second choice. I figured I should go with a more reasonable price range:

Safety 1st Two-Way Tandem Stroller

listed on Target.com for $159.99, again, without the carseats. A review noted that it will accomodate Graco or Even Flo carseats as well as the Safety 1st. These are all "cheaper" and easy to find brands. I think I like the quality and not so bulkiness when I compare pictures to Graco, etc. You can turn the front seat to face the backseat and the front has a swing out cupholder, also a parent cupholder/tray. This is closer to a "normal" stroller when you compare it to the triple of the Joovy, but when compared to other tandems, it doesn't have a bunch of frufru stuff to hike up the price either. It appears the front seat does not lay down like the back, which lies flat for the sleeping infant.

Well---that's what I've found so far--still doing research and will probably continue until a purchase is made! Looking first at garage sales and well-meaning friends :) and I will "make do" with pretty much anything if it is cheap enough [haha].

No comments:

Post a Comment