Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jonah mini-lapbook


Homeschool Helper has a Jonah lapbook so isn't that convenient!! And I believe it can be used for ALL ages, although my oldest is only 8. We used 5 out of the 7 booklets (not the map or Jonah's lessons learned) and condensed it to use just less than half of a file folder. You can use all 7 booklets and still make this a mini lapbook. I cut the file folder in half and then folded the half in thirds, cutting off 1/3, making a little brochure type booklet. I had to trim one of the booklets a little to fit, but otherwise, it was a perfect one day activity to supplement our previous day's lesson over Jonah (Mystery of History, vol 1). I just read through the bible story to help them answer the questions. I also looked up dates to see what others had to say.
Now--the cover--WELL--I thought fish would be nice, don't you? I just googled fish alphabet and this is what I got, in pdf format at that!!!! We used the capital letters to spell out Jonah, they each decorated their fish and we lined them up for the cover from top down (we cut them out of the rectangles to help them fit the space--if you use the small letters, they would fit easily). This was the simplest little lapook we have ever done--easy to fill in the blanks and not too time consuming [of course, you could add SO much to this like games and water or boat info, but simple is all we were going for--and if that's what you are going for, don't mess with any of the extras :)].

EXTRAS [mostly to keep little hands busy or kids just needing something extra]:
dot to dot #s 1-40
Ocean life crafts {many links do not work, but there are several that are good, so I still included them in the list}
AND ONE FOR THE OLDER ONES:

No comments:

Post a Comment