Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lunch idea

With sinus stuff hitting me hard yesterday and today, I was not up for getting the kids together and heading out to see if Dominos was doing the free pasta bowl here or not (I had thought to get the older 2 their personal pan pizzas from Pizza Hut also).......BUT I don't feel like venturing out (or even dressing), so here is our lunch today:
Egg Salad Sandwiches
6 hard-boiled eggs [farm fresh XL--free from friends]
3 large dallops mayo/salad dressing [I used our cheap Aldi's stuff instead of the nice squirtable Mayo]
3 squirts mustard
10 pieces toast [white sandwich bread on sale at WalMart for $.99]
5 slices American cheese [came in Angel food boxes this month]
This made 5 sandwiches and I have enough filling for 1 or 2 more. Egg is supposed to be really good for me (and pregnancy) and I was SO happy to see the kids devouring their sandwiches!! This is their new favorite lunch [our school usually does not serve a hot lunch :) so their choices are minimal] and the cost is CHEAP!! WOW!! It makes the occasional fish sticks, chicken, and lunch meat costs bearable--and definitely beats pb&j in my kids's minds!

1 comment: