Thursday, September 17, 2009

what? breastfeed twins? are you insane?

Those are the basic reactions from people--disbelief--ignorance.......even from "pro-breastfeeding" people!!
How? Are you sure? Really? Do you need bottles? You're going to be so tired! Really? That will be so hard! Will you get anything else done? What about the other kids? Really? Do you need special pillows? How? Really?
Thanks for the encouragment......and, yes, a special pillow or 2 would be GREAT, but $$ is an issue for me, so we'll see!!
Yes, I plan on exclusively breastfeeding my twins. And doing it as long as I can. I will pump if I have to and I will supplement if I HAVE to, but breastfeeding twins CAN be done and although I am in the dark on some things (namely, will they tandem nurse and what are the positions possible? Things that i can't answer until I try and find out what my girls want/need), but having successfully nursed 4 singles through their first year, I'm hoping hoping hoping that I can find the support needed to nurse these 2 blessings as well.
Here's just a little info that I have found helpful in order to prepare:
Pictures Pictures Pictures [be aware--there is some exposure :)]
Breastfeeding Twins

2 comments:

  1. Do you know Briana? From TS? If not, go add me on Facebook and I will get you in contact with her.

    facebook.com/nirem

    She has had two sets of twins and nursed them BOTH. She rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever had twins, it's what I planned on doing. Do you need to borrow a pump? I have an Ameda Purely yours.

    ReplyDelete