Tuesday, September 15, 2009

update

OKAY--sorry for no update since my OB appt. on Friday.....
not much to update, except I am refusing to deliver until my OB is back (24th)......
well, okay, I've now since come to terms that they may not wait and we may have to deliver with a less than cooperative dr. on call. I'm now okay with that. My dh and I are on the same page with wanting/needing a natural vaginal delivery unless absolutely medically necessary. And we know what each other means by that--unlike some doctors who, out of convenience and liability, will push for a c-section if anything looks SLIGHTLY off, thus, also pushing for an epidural or spinal and delivery in an OR.........not my ideal birth plan........
ANYWAY--that is why no update--I was too emotional and worked up to share.....
My bp was just slightly higher, but still normal, normal urine, normal weight gain [now at a total of 41 lbs gained, if I remember correctly], normal measurements [at 34 weeks, 39], and they are both vertex. Although, Abigail [A] was posterior [face-up] and Elizabeth [B] is down low crowding her sister as shown on this dr.'s quick ultrasound [which he finds necessary to determine position in case of delivery soon, being the pro-c.section doc he is]. Hopefully, Elizabeth will give Abigail the room to descend into the birth canal and all will "fall" into place when the time comes. I am having Braxton Hicks contractions still, sometimes fairly intense, but nothing to send me to the hospital--nothing regular, no gushes of water [just continual leaking of discharge/urine, apparently--sorry for the TMI *LOL*]..........
just me.......on a self-induced moderate bedrest now.....just doing less and less that may encourage delivery too soon......

1 comment:

  1. well you let me know if you need anything like even taking the kids to library or to park for some much needed rest for you. -becky

    ReplyDelete