Thursday, May 21, 2009

progression

.........progression...........
What is progressing around here besides my pregnancy?
***DS L will be 2yo in a few weeks and he has now moved into a "big boy bed" in the next room. Although not without a few moments, this move signifies great progression! He was in the portable crib by our bed and now even runs to his bed for naptime (with occasional urging from me).
***I've made it thru the baby clothes, sorting and organizing until I got all sizes weeded thru and boxed back up, labelled and stacked in the closet, ready for girl 0-3month to come out first!! That may not LOOK like progression, but it sure does feel like it! The kids's shelves and dressers are also all organized and sorted--if it doesn't fit, that means something HAS to go!! And it has been coming and going around here for awhile now (I just love my network of hand-me-downers).
***Lately I've opted for downtime in the form of crafty stuff like I usually do while pregnant--namely, a stamped crossstitch I started while pregnant the first time around--and, yes, 9 years later, it is making progress!!! There are sections actually getting completed! And dd H has joined me with her own plastic canvas stamped crossstitch butterfly which she is now doing very nicely with less and less help from me.
***SCHOOL.......keepin' on with school and making great strides in completion, although dd H will not finish her 2nd grade wkbks until Aug. because of extended and unplanned breaks this school year---we are one lesson away from completing this year's history though (complete this week) and I have next year's lesson plans almost DONE! I have not done ds J's 2nd grade lesson plans nor science--we will probably just wing it on both of those, but dd H's 3rd grade plans are done and I have a basic history outline with some extra activities thrown in also--whew!! I have NEVER planned ahead like this!!! I hope this helps life continue "post-babies" and helps give the kids planned activity. Next on this list? PreK boxes/shelves to keep little ones busy--this comes after school room is organized!!
***NOW--back to the pregnancy!! YES, that is progressing also, as evident by the protruding belly!! Both baby girls are around 9 oz. each, measuring right under the 19weeks the calendar tells me I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment