Saturday, May 30, 2009

no more diapers....

....at least for a little while!! My sweet chubby 23 month old has decided to potty train (with the incentive of chocolate and being a "big boy").....I do not have expectations of it to last or be complete for quite awhile, but washing out undies is cheaper than diapers (plus he's doing really well). We'll see how going places works for us--I may be packing the potty chair (yet his stout bottom doesn't really fit on it well--he prefers the big potty--and it's much easier to 'point down' when you have the space to spread the legs).
Now I have the question--do I go with pull-ups for nighttime and naptime? We'll see what's cheapest I guess, but he does insist on getting up from bed a couple times before going to sleep (and I'm not sure if this is just a way to get up or what, but he sometimes does go), so resealing the diaper is not as easy as pullups going up and down like undies....I do want to know if anyone stuck with undies at night also and, although changed sheets for awhile, had them night-time trained as well?!?!? My 3yo girl and 6yo boy both wear nighttime pants and will until they decide it's time to not anymore, but it sure would be nice to do the nighttime training also....
I do NOT want a debate about ages to potty train--I'm usually not for it until they are 3 years old AND ready, but I pray that this will stick and he won't regress after the babies are born.
OH--and the other debate for potty training boys--sit or stand--for me, that's a no-brainer! Have a 2 year old stand and try to aim? NO WAY!! My 6yo and other older nephews miss all the time and I am in NO hurry to make more bathroom messes than we already have! I'm actually hoping cleaning the bathroom will help my 6yo remember to 1-lift BOTH seats, 2-AIM, 3-close both seats *SMILE*
Anyway, just a bit of **YAY** for my dear sweet cuddly boy........

No comments:

Post a Comment