Friday, January 30, 2009

How do I organize My coupons?

WELL...so glad you asked---we've all seen the little accordian coupon filers that are pretty nifty and cheap--but way too small for everything I'm doing.
There are several good ideas and as much as I LOVE seeing the picture albums and binders, it wasn't quite enough for me either--too time consuming!!
See here for the top 5 ways to organize your coupons--WONDERFUL ideas!
But the ONE that they do NOT mention is mine (I'm just odd like that!) and I'm loving how this works!
  1. My photo album (unused little baby album) holds all my misc. coupons not from inserts that I have cut out.
  2. FILE FOLDERS
    --I am labeling the top of my red plum or smart source insert with the date it came {ex. 1/4/09}, then filing them in order. right now, I have a folder with Nov08-Jan 11, 09 and started a new one with Jan 18, 09-?, but I will re-sort soon since I've gotten several more older inserts from our recycling center paper dumpster [yes--I dumpster dive for coupons].
    BeCentsable wrote: So what to do?
    When you get your Sunday paper you will file each insert by date in a folder or notebook for later reference.
    It may be helpful to you if you glance through the coupons and the sales fliers each week but you DO NOT need to clip the coupons yet.
  3. When it comes time to shop, I have my notebook that I list out all my items at one particular store (ie dillon's Mega Sale and various items, plus items to look at and see what prices are). For Walgreens, after I make a list of items, I'll list each transaction I want to make, then I check off items as I find them in the store (sometimes they don't have everything on my list or I find a great deal not listed).
  4. I bring everything with me, but first, I clip coupons that i am using for that shopping trip and divide them into different sections--maybe in a baggie labeled with the store name or just in a different place in my wallet. My bag holds my file folders, photo organizer, sale ads, and my all important notebook. Unused clipped coupons will go into the photo organizer.

That is JUST ME......what works for you?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment