Friday, August 14, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I know--I'm a bit behind on an update. I had an OB visit Wed. 12th and there aren't a lot of things to report. I had only gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks. I am 31 gestational weeks, still only measuring about 35. Both girls were active that day but heartbeats were in the 140-150s. My bp was perfectly normal and swelling really only occurs in the heat. The nurse asked if dh was helping out folding laundry, cooking, etc. and I tried REALLY hard not to laugh. Yes--he sometime grills on the weekend. And I have friends coming every once in a while to help with other household stuff. She encouraged me to get more help *smile*. I've been having more of the braxton hicks contractions but unless anything happens, I'll go back in 2 weeks for ultrasound AND the OB appt. After that--every week.......
The OB was more concerned about nutrition. She gave me a prescription for folic acid, said to take a stool softener if needed and make sure to take my vitamins and get in as much nutrients as possible....hmmm....I'm hungry all the time--sure--but not for what is in my fridge and cabinets......or for anything that has to be FIXED ~LOL~ The free chicken club I had from Arby's Wed. has been on my mind A LOT. So has a 1/3lb cheeseburger from Braum's.......and lemon chicken from Bamboo Garden........and.....well, I better quit now before I think I'm starving!!

Also, I opened a registry at www.babiesrus.com and hope to add more to it. I may open a Target one also. They both offer 10% off anything left on the registry at the due date, so that was a major motivator!!

3 comments:

  1. Let me know if you need any help! I will do whatever is needed. JuLinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, JuLinda! If it was more than the icky not so fun stuff, I'd call in everyone that offers--but right now it is mostly clutter, laundry, and the icky fridge that needs cleaned out that [is]*should be* taking up my time. HOPEFULLY after this week, I'll be moving on to mostly laundry and general cleaning stuff only.......
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me that "icky" stuff isn't near as bad as what I'm cleaning right now. We are moving next door to a bigger house. There are inches of dirt and tons of bugs. So your icky would be mild in comparison.

    ReplyDelete